Art from Screaming Dove Studios

Thursday, July 16, 2009

poison oak and stupid ass doctors

ok, so i have poison oak - again - and the stupid ass doctor perscribed some whimpy ass steriod that I told him not to perscribe but oh no he knows better so he gives me the puny ass one and I take it. Does the poison oak go away....no it does not. It is spreading and popping up in more places. I took the entire dose of the puny ass stuff and finished it yesterday and I call the doctors office and speak with some 12 year old at the front desk. I tell her that I did what I was told and now I need the real stuff. She says she will tell the doctor and call me back. She calls back....the doctor wants me to come in so he can see me. I say - it is poison oak, he doesnt need to SEE it and I don't want to waste 2 hours and 20.00 for him to SEE it. I have a history of poison oak and I know what will make it stop. Just give me the stuff that will make it stop. She tells the doctor this and he still wants to SEE me. I finally say - ok when. Late friday afternoon. NO. I need to be seen before that. Well, then, I can see one of the other doctors. (Right about now I am about to blow a fuse. It is 91 ourside, I am so damn itchy my skin is bleeding from where I am scratching and I am in themiddle of trying to get dinner ready) I tell her I thought HE wanted to see me and how can HE see me if I SEE another doctor. All of this went on for about 1/2 hour with the calling back and forth. Finally when I was almost in tears I said fine, who can I see tomorrow morning....that would be this morning. 8:45 I go in to see a doctor, not MY doctor, but a doctor. He walks in and asks how I am......now how does he think I am......i say I have poison oak. He actually says "why". WHY? I tell him that I live in the middle of a field and my animals go into the poison oak and I pet them. He is not listening to a word I am saying because then he goes on to say that I should be careful and wear long pants and long sleeved clothing when I am around the poison oak. Huh? Then I tell him I just want the prenasone. He asks me how many times have I had poison oak. I tell him two to three times a year for the past 30 years. and yet again he is not listening because he says that your body will build up an imunity to it the more I get it. He is typing all of this into the computer while I am talking and he is typing with two fingers and I am looking at the back of his head and he really needs a hair cut because of all the hair on his neck and then I look at the back of his head and he has on a toupe. And then - your gonna love this - his cell phone rings and he actually answers it. I came so close to snatching that toupe right off his head and ramming it down his throat. Then he asks me about the prenasone and how many mm did I take the last time and how often. Huh? Look in my file, it is right there in front of you. I tell him how many mm and how many x a day and he doesn't believe me. No that can't be right he says. so finally he looks it up in my file and guess what.....I was right. Imagine me knowing more about my body then he does. I finally left the office without killing him and without ripping the toupe off his nasty pin head. Have I mentioned my dislike of doctors.

6 Comments:

  • At 8:22 PM, Blogger susanbuchanan2 said…

    and you appeared so calm and pleasant at Art Clinic! it was so nice of you to come and those cookies...both you and cookies are a treat. i also have bad poison oak when i get it so i really heard your pain in this posting. take care, sukey

     
  • At 7:33 AM, Blogger Zardo and Odraz said…

    Hi Sukey, I really didn't want to come in there all pissy so tried to center myself on the drive down. The Art Clinic was the perfect remdey for stupid ass doctors. I loved going there and plan on returning next Thursday. I'm sorry that I missed Syd. Thank you for the invite, have a great time on your trip and I look forward to hearing about your adventure when you return. I went to the Frye Museum and looked at the classes......you are going to have a blast!

     
  • At 4:44 PM, Blogger Lori S-C said…

    omg, that is so funny and so horrible at the same time. I hope the steroids have kicked in and you are feeling better...
    Hand in there! Want me to send you some cortisone and aveeno bath? 'cause I will, you know! I've been there with the itch....

     
  • At 7:51 AM, Blogger Zardo and Odraz said…

    you are so sweet Lori. THanks for the offer......I am no longer scratching like a meth addict. The swelling has gone down and the bumps have subsided. Of course I could have been like this if the stupid ass doctor with the stupid ass toupe had given me the real stuff in the first place. sheesh. stupid ass doctors.

     
  • At 5:14 PM, Blogger Carla said…

    Dawn, Lori S-C suggested I check out your blog. Yesterday I groomed my 2 cats and a dog. Today, I am breaking out on my face and arms, the only skin that came in contact with them.

    Yes, it is red and itchy. It is just starting and I'm miserable. Any advice?? Thanks, Carla from Feathered Fibers blog

     
  • At 6:37 PM, Blogger Zardo and Odraz said…

    Oh Carla you poor thing. It is horrible. The Prenasone is the only thing that I have found that will stop the itching, swelling and rash. It has been suggested that I try Benedryl and a cortozone cream which I found to be useless but that is only me. I hope yours clears up soon. So glad that Lori directed you toward my blog!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counter
Free Counter