Art from Screaming Dove Studios

Wednesday, September 09, 2009

garden arbor

A friend, Taffy, saved a bunch of styrofoam for me from an order she received. (Thanks Taffy!) I immediately knew what I wanted to do with it......built an arbor. I cleared a path through one of the beds in the back and Jerry put in the bricks. Then I started in on the arbor......cutting the foam, making the columns with foam and wire and then wrapping it with plaster cloth. One on top of another until I had it as high as I wanted. Then I built the top seperately and attached that with wire and plaster cloth. That is how it is right now, drying. Once completely dry - probably tomorrow - I will start to mosaic it. Exhausting but very satisfying.

A box of styrofoam.......

The columns start......
And they get taller.......
It gets a top!
close up of top

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counter
Free Counter