Art from Screaming Dove Studios

Thursday, March 31, 2011

class portraits

When we went into class on Tuesday night the teacher had everyones portraits up on the wall. Talk about feeling naked in front of the class. But it was so wonderful to see everyone's up there. Then he did a critique of everyone's and the class critiqued also. Once again....naked. But I did agree with the suggestions that were given.....my right eye needs to be a bit bigger and I need to fill in more around my jaw line. Jerry's left eye was too dark but other than that he was perfect.....snort. We are really enjoying the class and as you can tell from the other self portraits, we are the "older' students in the room. At first Jerry and I felt a little uncomfortable about this but as time went on we settled in and they have all been very nice and accepting of us. Some of them have amazing talent and they take the time to do their work while some others are just in there to get the credits, and it shows in their work. Jerry and I are there to learn and we appreciate the fact that the teacher is patient (he is so patient, I would have thrown some of them out after the second class) and takes the time to come around to each student and help him/her with their work. this has helped Jerry and I see things differently. His name is Kris Doe and if you ever get a chance to take one of his classes, do it. I have picked up a couple of drawing books with projects in them that we are going to work on over the summer when we don't have class just to keep working on it.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counter
Free Counter