Art from Screaming Dove Studios

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy turkey day to all. I was at the grocery store at 6:30 this morning getting the rest of the "stuff" for the dinner tomorrow night. At least it payed off because there were very few people there and no lines at the checkers. I hate it when I go there and there are all these people and inevitably some old man parks his cart right in front of the one item that I need. I say "excuse me" he of course cannot hear me because he is stone deaf and refuses to get a hearing aid because there is nothing wrong with his hearing, everyone is mumbling and that is why he cannot hear......(learned this from my father)......so I have to scream "EXCUSE ME" and this practically scares him half to death and I fear that he is doing to drop dead right there in front of me making it impossible to get the thing that I need off the shelf unless I step on his dead body to get it. So going very early in the morning keeps the old men alive. And I would also like to point out while I am at it that all the people in the store this morning getting groceries were women. When did this happen? Who made the rule that it is women that make the thanksgiving day meal? This is just not right.
But I digress......We will have thanksgiving dinner here and I will cook. duh. As Kyle has reminded me several times, this is his last Thanksgiving dinner before he is off to bootcamp. This makes me so very sad. My baby is going off to the Army. Also the last Christmas. Oh this is going to be very hard.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counter
Free Counter