Art from Screaming Dove Studios

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Snail finally finished

Late yesterday afternoon I finally finished the snail. I will have you know that black grout does NOT come off your hands easily. I have scrubbed and scrubbed but still have a stain of black around my cuticles and under one nail. I also have blisters from the caulk gun and assorted cuts from the glass. But she - Gladys - is finally done. The majority of her body is broken plates, her tail and side edges are broken mirror.




Her head part is painted pink and purple.
Her eyes are large flat marbles. I drew the eyes on paper and decoupaged them onto the back of the marbles then glued them into the places for her eyes.



She is beautiful and probably weighs a ton but I have no intention of ever moving her.

3 Comments:

  • At 4:31 AM, Blogger Patricia J. Mosca said…

    OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    This is FABULOUS!!

     
  • At 6:08 PM, Blogger photoholly said…

    What an amazing piece of art!!! I am so jealous that you even have enough room for her! Great job!

     
  • At 8:09 AM, Blogger aimee said…

    i just found your blog from the creative life group. your work is gorgeous!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counter
Free Counter