Art from Screaming Dove Studios

Monday, April 28, 2008

Happy birthday to me!!! AKA I go skydiving....

Last year when I turned 50 I wanted to go skydiving. That didn't work out so this year we made it work out. We went to Lompoc to Sky Dive Santa Barbara. We arrived and about an hour or so later they had me in my harness. Both of these were taken prior to the jump. top with jerry bottom with kyle.
In the plane and ready to go. My jumpmaster is directly behind me.
And in the air. We did a free fall for about 60 seconds then the parachute opened. I was amazed at the noise of the wind when we were free falling. Victor was my jumpmaster and he made me feel very secure and confident. What amazed me was that I wasn't scared. Not even a little bit and I don't even like to fly. My greatest feat was that I would pee my pants or throw up. Neither of which I am proud to say I did.



Coming in for our landing. Victor told me to put my legs straight out and I did.
On the ground and laughing my ass off.
Back with my family! From the left, Kyle, Angela, Scott (behind Angela) me, Jerry and the one in front of me is Bridget our neighbor. It was a wonderful day and words cannot express how it feels to fly through the air. I highly recommend it to anyone who has been wanting to do it.
Dinner at home of fish tacos and a black bottom pie that jerry made finished off the day. It was perfect!

2 Comments:

  • At 8:16 PM, Blogger Mary lin Huskamp said…

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! How brave you are! Love the pics.

     
  • At 9:09 PM, Blogger Lori S-C said…

    HappyBirthdaY! You are so brave! Congratulations on doing something so wonderful for your birthday!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counter
Free Counter