Art from Screaming Dove Studios

Friday, January 01, 2010

Cyclops

Meet Cyclops....the next member of the Reclaimed group. She stands 15" high and is about 5" wide. Her main body is a piston and rod possibly from a Model A.....my father is rolling in his grave knowing that I am raping all the old car parts that he left to me and making art out of them. The light in the center of her face was found in a box and had the cloth covered wiring attached to it. The little light fit perfectly in the hole and the cord wrapped nicely around her body.


I also came upon a coffee can filled with old car door handles, they make perfect arms and were wired on with some old wire I found up there too. The door knob that I found kit right into the hold in the center of the piston. And of course I found a drawer of old spark plugs that were put to use. This one had to be tack welded on but is now there for life.
Here is a view from the back



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counter
Free Counter