Art from Screaming Dove Studios

Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Reclaimed - the series

I have started a series that I am calling "Reclaimed". I am using bits and pieces that I find on the property or in the many boxes of "stuff" tht I have savd over the years. The first one is made with a piece of wood for the body. Her head is the cardboard base spool from something that I don't remembr and her head is a burned out light bulb. Her wings are from corregated metal and her arms are the turny things that you take off an ink cartridge before you put it into the printer. I painted them with acrylic paint. The boards on her body are pieces from the top of a coffee table that jerry and I found along side the freeway. I have it in the front yard and with time the little pieces of wood on the top are coming off. When they are all off I will do something to the top of the table to seal it, but for now it is giving me great little pieces of wood. The paint that is on them is acrylic paint that is on the piece of plastic that covers my desk. When I paint I use that as a pallet and when it dries you are able to peel it up. These are peelings from the desk adhered with matt medium.


The second one that I finished is from a piece of an antique dresser that is coming apart up in the field. I entitled this one "My Boobs Hurt". The "boobs" are bed springs. There is a piece of barbed wire adhered right under them. Under the left hand one is a chunk of broken glass and the other one is "pierced" with some of the wire from the original bed springs. In the middle is a dried wish bone representing hope and the red tag is the color tag from an old truck and I just liked it and the color. It hangs with speaker wires......don't tell Jerry that the speakers in the house don't work anymore.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counter
Free Counter