Art from Screaming Dove Studios

Sunday, February 07, 2010

ice queen - in process

She stands 14 inches tall and is made out of muslin that was stuffed with poly stuffing and weighted on the bottom with beans and then painted with gesso. The vines and leaves were hand drawn with a zig pen. I am still working on her. Next will come a head wrap out of the silver cloth she is laying on that will trail down her back and sparkly mica chips on her shoulder area. When she is finished I am going to submit her for consideration to a show - The Death of Winter. When I heard about the theme for the show I thought about what that meant to me......Spring brings about the death of winter. So she has the vines twirling around her representing the coming of spring and the death of winter. On her upper torso she will still be in winter tho. I will post more pictures as she progresses.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counter
Free Counter