Art from Screaming Dove Studios

Thursday, April 22, 2010

decoupaged torso

If you have been in costco you will see the bathing suits on those plastic torsos. I have several of the plstic torsos because I knew there was "something" that I could do with them. One day I would like to pour concrete into one of them and make a concrete torso for the yard......but for today I reverse decoupaged one of them. Using words from magazines and tissue paper I decoupaged the back side of the torso. She is 27" tall and 14" wide. I used a hot awl and melted/poked holes in her shoulders and put a rayon ribbon through the holes to hang her. She looks great hanging on the bedroom door!! Now go to costco and take the bathing suits off those plastic forms and bring them home with you........just be aware that those bathing suits are really really stretchy and getting them off the plastic form can cause them to shoot through the air.



2 Comments:

  • At 8:58 PM, Blogger Lori S-C said…

    yup, these are good! Did you buy a new suit too?

     
  • At 8:08 AM, Blogger Zardo and Odraz said…

    nope, don't want to even think about buying a bathing suit. I just remove the suits from the torsos and take the torsos. Sometimes the torsos are just laying there because people want the suits and leave the torsos. This I don't understand at all.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counter
Free Counter