Art from Screaming Dove Studios

Thursday, April 14, 2016

Lisa Clague workshop!!

 I had the honor of taking a Lisa Clague pottery workshop in Lincoln, NM.  It was three days packed with creativity.  We started by making a coil base for our sculpture and working our way up to the neck.
 The neck was a slab rolled cylinder attached to the shoulder area.
 Lisa demoing her piece
 She is starting to get a face!
 I carved into her back.
 And into her arm

 a piece of lace was dipped into slip and draped over her shoulders.  This was taken as I was seeing where I wanted the lace to be. She also has a barbed wire necklace
 Dipped lace over her shoulders and dipped lace wrapped around her head
 She also has a giant nail added to her spine.
She will stay there to be fired and then shipped home.  I can't wait to see her!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counter
Free Counter