Art from Screaming Dove Studios

Friday, May 05, 2017

Birthday metal sculpture!

 She is magnificent!!  Jerry and I drove up to Santa Margarita to see the wild flowers in early April.  On our way home we stopped to see a display of metal sculptures in the court yard of a brewery.  A Wisconsin artist had brought his work out to the brewery for a display and then it was going to a gallery in Morro Bay.  I fell in love with her the moment I saw her.  She has a force and personality that just screams.
 I guess I blabbered about her all the way home and little did I know that Jerry called the artist the next day and bought her for me.  We usually don't do birthday gifts for each other - a dinner together but not gifts.  But this was my 60th and she was wonderful.
 He had Kyle and Jessy take their truck up to Santa Margarita and picked her up and then hid her up in the back for 3 weeks. All were hoping that I didn't need anything from the back and see her.  They then installed her in the back yard while I was in the house chatting with Jessy and Scott.  Jerry then came in the house and pointed to a bird in the back yard which made me look out the kitchen window and there she was!!  I see her from the window in all her glory every single day.

 This is Kyle with Jessy and the artist Jesse Woodward.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counter
Free Counter