Art from Screaming Dove Studios

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Farmers Market Day


There is nothing more beautiful than fresh brussel sprouts still on the stalk. And to think that just a year ago I would eat these. How things change. I guess what I didn't like about them was that when they were steamed they were smooshy and stinky. Then I discovered roasting them. What a treat. Slice them thinly, put all the slices in a large bowl, sprinkle with olive oil and salt. Spread out on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 until they are nicely browned and crispy. You will need to give them a stir now and then. I could eat the entire stalk by myself and they are very very low in calories. So that will be dinner tonight, with some grilled salmon and a mixture of whole wheat pasta, fresh tomatoes from the farmers market and kalamata olives. Yummy.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Gorgeous sprouts! Need to be a piece of art!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counter
Free Counter