Art from Screaming Dove Studios

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Dying!!!! Fabric that is........











I have been dying fabric lately using Elmers blue gel school glue as the resist. And it works!!! I put down the glue, hung it out to dry, and after that I painted the dye on. Hung that up to dry, let it sit for 24 hours, heat set with an iron and held my breath as I put it into the washing machine. It worked!! The glue washed right out and the color was beautiful. The purple one pictured is already washed and ready to go, the blue one is dry, not yet heatset or washed. I think that I will use the fabric to make a pair of pants, one let in purple and one leg in blue.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:04 PM, Blogger Lori S-C said…

    Love this fabric!!!! I'm gonna have to try to use that blue gel glue myself! Did you use procion or dynaflow?

    Lori

     
  • At 9:16 AM, Blogger Zardo and Odraz said…

    Glad you enjoyed the fabric Lori. The dye that I am using is from Dharma
    http://dharmatrading.com/html/eng/1930-AA.shtml?lnav=dyes.html
    It is Dharma's own dye. Today I am going to combine the purple and blue on another one. This is such fun!!

     
  • At 8:29 AM, Blogger Gypsy said…

    Dawn!!!!
    This is fantastic! SERIOUSLY fantasic! I want a pair of pants from this fabric!!!! Oh how I love art clothes! I love the design you did as well!

    AND to use glue? for resist!? Wowza! Fantastic! Did you see my new purse that I painted the canvas and then stamped and embossed all over it? So much fun I am working on a tote bag now! I have a little iPod holder too! But I have to make one in my colors!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counter
Free Counter