Art from Screaming Dove Studios

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

The kid is driving.......

So now kyle has his license. He thinks that now he can drive anywhere and everywhere but for right now he thinks he can do this in MY car. His car, a 1995 Saturn SL2, needed stuff done on it before he could drive it. The windshield had a long crack in it, that mysteryously appeared sometime in the past month. The car has been sitting in the front of our house for years and now there is a broken windshield. I got that fixed. I have it in nonop with the DMV so I have to get it smogged before i can get it re-registered. I go to the dreaded DMV and get my number so I can get a move permit to take it for the smog. It passes the smog on Presidents Day so I figure I will go to AAA and get it registered. I am thinking that I am very clever going there instead of the DMV because the line won’t be as long. Not remembering it is Presidents Day - it is closed. Back home. Tuesday I go back to AAA and get it registered and only had to wait five minutes. I am thrilled. Kyle gets home and I present him with the sticker for his car. He is so excited he is doing a happy dance all over the kitchen and hugging me like mad. I need pickles for potato salad and send him up to Albertsons to get some - in his car. He drives away, waving out the window. He has my cell phone just in case he needs me. He calls......I was dreading this. The car won’t start. Jerry has gone to town to get stuff so I it only me to deal with this. I drop everything and go to the parking lot. He is right, the car won’t start. I put him in my car and come home and wait for jerry. They go back to the parking lot and try to get the car started. They now think it is the alternator sucking the life out of the car and that is why it won’t start. It is now getting dark and we need to get the car out of the parking lot. Jerry hooks up the car trailer and back we all go to get the car. As we are pushing the car onto the car trailer, with me steering, I hear this big BANG. The car is too low for the car trailer and we have now ran it into the trailer. The car goes back into the parking space and I call a tow truck. Jerry and Kyle take the truck and trailer home and I wait for the tow truck. It is freezing outside. He finally shows up and takes the car home. So now I am getting quotes for parts and for repair costs. I remember doing this with Scott when he was driving too. Aaaaaaauuuuuuggggggg.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counter
Free Counter