Art from Screaming Dove Studios

Thursday, February 15, 2007

he has his license.....ack

Yesterday Kyle got his drivers license. But he almost didn't. First of all he was to take his test two weeks ago but he had the flu and had to change the appointment. Then we went yesterday. We got there early, thank goodness, because when we got up to the counter they asked for the yellow paper that says he took drivers education. I looked at Kyle and he looked at me and neither of us had it. I gave the woman behind the counter, who I am sure hates her job and when she gets off work he goes home to hell, a begging look upon which she told me that I had to be back with the yellow paper by 4 or I would have to reschedule. He and I ran out of the DMV, got into the car and I drove like a bat outta hell to the house. Kyle's job was to look for cops while my job was to drive like a bat outta hell. We ran into the house, and thank the goddess I knew where the yellow piece of paper was (which was a miracle in itself), grabbed the paper and jumped back into the car and once again drove like a bat outta hell. We literally ran into the dmv to the counter. We were five mintues late and the hell dwelling woman told us we were late and would have to reschedule. I looked at the clock and back at her and was prepared to start crying when another woman walked up and told us to come down to her station. She apparently doesn't live in hell and she took all of our information and off he went with the driving inspector to take his test. And he passed!!!!! He is now a legal CA driver. I don't know if i should be scared outta my wits or glad that I don't have to schlep him everywhere.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:44 PM, Blogger Lori S-C said…

    I'm sorry....prepare for at least a year of shot nerves...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counter
Free Counter