Art from Screaming Dove Studios

Friday, January 23, 2009

I have started a drawing class through the community education dept. This is something that I have always wanted to do because........I can't draw. On the first class she gave us a piece of cardboard, like 6x6" and a piece of silk that is a bit larger. We were to squish up the silk and pin it to the cardboard with three pins and draw that. She did a demo in the front of the room and then just told us to draw it. I was scared shitless. Draw that? You must be kidding me. I thought we would go to the first class, get a supply list, here her talk for a bit and then leave. Draw? You want me to draw on the first class. So I take my silk and cardboard and squish it up and pin it in place and prop it up against my water bottle. And draw. I drew it. Now since I can never figure out how these stupid pictures come up in what order the drawing of the silk is the third picture. This one is of a bunch of bananas I had just picked up. I started it on one afternoon and finished it the next morning. It was amazing how much the ripening had changed just over night. Now you have to realize that this is something new to me so please be kind. My goal is to draw something, anything each day. It is very interesting, when I am drawing time stands still. I am only paying attention to what I am drawing. Yesterday while drawing the gargoyle I looked up at teh clock and was shocked what time it was. I had to stop and get dinner started. It is very zen like. I like zen............................................

Looking around the house yesterday for something to draw and found the little gargoyle on top of a shelf.

Silk squished up on a piece of cardboard and pinned in place

1 Comments:

  • At 4:58 PM, Blogger sharona said…

    Your first attempts at drawing are terrific. Keep it up every day and you surprise yourself with your progress. As you say, you can lose track of time when you are "in the moment". Think how much less stressed you will be!!
    Sharron

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counter
Free Counter