Art from Screaming Dove Studios

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Geocache

Jerry and I tried our hand at geocaching on Sunday. This is where someone has hidden an object - usually a container with paper, pen etc inside it - and you sign the paper and/or take and/or leave a treasure. We were in Buellton on Sunday and thought we would give it a try. We found three but the funniest part was when we were trying to find the cache at the McDonalds at teh outside tables. The coordinates put us there as did the clue and we are looking under the tables and all around them. At the far table was a homeless man watching us. Eventually we got to his table and he looked at us and said "And I thought I was crazy". We all laughed and we explained what we were doing. He just shook his head and said something like "And I thought I had problems". We didn't find that one and will try again when we were down in that area. We did have a good time with him tho.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:24 AM, Blogger Life Is A Journey said…

    Do they still charge for the directions? We tried it out last year and it was SO much fun. Found one at Oceano Lagoon and Biddle Park. Then I think they had you pay to play. We stopped but I'd love to take it up again!

     
  • At 11:03 AM, Blogger Zardo and Odraz said…

    nope, we don't pay a thing. I went to the web site and printed out the info for each place

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counter
Free Counter