Art from Screaming Dove Studios

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Pad Thai for dinner

The Santa Maria Sun box got delivered on Friday and as soon as I know where they are going to locate it I will let you know. Next Thursday the Sun will be out as will the photo of my paper box.
I'm making Pad Thai for dinner tonight and thought I would share the recipe.....

Pad Thai
4 ounces dried Thai rice sticks - I don't use these...I use linguini pasta instead

3 tablespoons olive oil
8 ounces uncooked medium shrimp, peeled, deveined
3/4 cup 1/2 inch pieces firm tofu (about 6 ounces) no I don't put this in because Jerry makes faces when I do
1/4 cup finely chopped radishes
2 teaspoons paprika
1 large egg, beaten to blend
2 cups bean sprouts
2 cups green onions, but diagonally into 1 inch pieces
1/4 cup fish sauce
3 tablespoons rice vinegar
4 teaspoons sugar
1/4 cup finely chopped roasted unsalted peanuts - don't put these in either...see tofu
lime wedges

Soak dried rice sticks in large bowl of warm water until just tneder, about 1 hour. drain rice sticks well. Or cook linguine according to pkg.

Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add shrims' stir fry until pink and opaque in center, about 2 minutes. Transfer to plate. Add tofu, radishes and paprika to skillet; stir fry until tofu browns, about 2 minutes. Add egg, stir until set, breaking up with spoon, about 1 minute. Add drained rice sticks (or linquine), bean sprouts, green onions, fish sauce, rice vinegar and sugar. Stor fry until headed through, about 2 minutes. Transfer to serving dish. Top with chopped peanuts and serve with lime wedges.


This comes together really quickly so have everything prechopped and ready for the skillet. I do squeeze the lime over the dish once it is on the plates. ssssooooo goood.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:21 AM, Blogger Life Is A Journey said…

    I've had it at Thai places before, but this sounds so fresh and good! Thanks for sharing.

     
  • At 12:09 PM, Blogger Zardo and Odraz said…

    it really was wonderful. I love making it at home....this way I know what is in it and how it was made.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counter
Free Counter