Art from Screaming Dove Studios

Sunday, February 07, 2010

book made from the painted blue jean legs

I used some of the painted denim from the former post as a cover for this journal. It measures 3.5x4.5 when closed. When I am painting I have an extra piece of paper to my right that I use to wipe off my brushes before I wash them. There are two signatures in this book and they are all made up of the "wipe the brush off" papers. Most of them are watercolor paper but a few are rosin paper and portfolio paper. They are all odd different sizes which makes the book rather fun. The back side of the denim was stamped with one of my hand carved stamps. A scrap piece of the denim was used as a latch to hold the book closed and there is a magnetic closure on it. A circle cut out of the denim is glued over the back side of the magnet on the front.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counter
Free Counter