Art from Screaming Dove Studios

Friday, November 07, 2014

bad blogger

I have been a very very bad blogger......I have been so caught up with the clay I haven't spent the time to take pictures and post them.  This will now be rectified!. Here are some pictures of items I have completed in Ceramics 2.  One of the pictures is from Ceramics 1 but I completed it with fibers.  Enjoy!

 This is the piece I created in Ceramics 1 but just recently completed with the fibers going through the holes.  The stamped image is one of my carved rubber stamps.
 This is one of the Wonky Ware lines that I have created.  See how it kinda sticks out all wonky on the right.  Thus....Wonky Ware!  It is glazed in turquoise and then splattered using a toothbrush with black glaze.
 This one was painted with a red glaze and splattered with black.  The black splatter didn't show up very well but it is there.
 Bowl glazed with Indian Summer.  There is no rhyme or rhythm to this glaze.  it does whatever it wants to do and I'm fine with that.
 We were handed an extruded tube and told to do something with it.  This is what came from the extruded tube.

 Top and bottom of this bowl.  The glaze on the outside is Hawaiian sand and the inside is milky way.  Love these crystal glazes.

 Top and bottom of a plate.  I really enjoy the swirls on the bottom of the plate.
 The sgraffito image carved on the outside of the bowl is from one of my carved rubber stamps.  It is carved into black glaze and the inside of the bowl is a light kiwi glaze.


 Our assignment here was to use different extruded pieces to create a sculpture.  There are holes in the bottom so I can plant succulents in it.


This one is made from an extruded tube and then it has a bust and face mold attached.  at the bottom are three feet and at the top are two feet for a handle for the lid.  just under the face you can see the cut where the lid comes off.  At the handle there is a hole between the feet and I have inserted wire and beads.

When the rest comes out of the kiln I will post more photos!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counter
Free Counter