Art from Screaming Dove Studios

Thursday, November 21, 2013

The last assignment for the Mixed Media class is to make an assemblage of a sacred space. My choice was my home. This place has always been a sacred space for me and my family. The piece measures 8 by 10.5. The main body of the piece is wood which I painted, collaged and added items from around here to symbolize our sacred space. The pictures below show close ups of the assemblage. Blogger wouldnt' let me put text under the pictures so I will have to explain it all here. The first picture is of the entire piece. The second picture shows the bottom right section with the garlic, colored pencil fence and bottle found in the field with oak branches in it. under that is the lower left hand side with the found light bulb, tops of oak acorns, a candle and a spool with thread. Over all of it is an old metal piece found in the field. the next picture is of the cemetery we have out in the field with a bird skull and acorns from the oak tree. then there is the part tha thas the wine corks, a cork from an olive oil bottle and two caps from some really good beer. The picture under that one has a moon tarot card in the background and over the top of it is a piece of broken bottle that was found in the field. embossed into the glass it says Bladder Cure and under that Specific. Very strange bottle piece. On the top is a tiny cook book I made with some acorn caps. Along the edge of the piece I have mosaiced it with pieces of mirror and at the very top is a face made from sculpy clay. The roof it tiled with painted phone book pages and topped with wings. The back is collaged with assorted tissue paper. Along the sides of the piece I have simulated stucco, like the outside of our house. I turn it in on Tuesday......hoping for a good grade!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counter
Free Counter