Art from Screaming Dove Studios

Friday, November 28, 2014

Clay meets Metal

After doing a series of Piston People a couple of years ago I thought I was done with it....apparently now.  Now with my access and knowledge of clay I have incorporated clay with metal and a new series of Piston People has started.
 The top face, torso and bottom face are all clay. I washed the pieces with a black underglaze so it would make them look old and used.
 The main body of the piece is a Model A piston.  All of the additional pieces and parts are things that I inherited from my father.  If it looks good and I can wire it on it gets added.
 On both of the faces I epoxied a spring to the back of the face so I could run rebar wire through it and secure it.
 Now I need for him/her to tell me her/his name.  I will sit with it for awhile and see what emerges.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counter
Free Counter