Art from Screaming Dove Studios

Friday, July 10, 2015

And even more out of the kiln!!!

 This is a planter which stands about 6" tall.  The black is CC118 Cobalt Crystal Black and the red is CC194 Red Wagon.

 This is a 6" plate.  The black is V361 Jet Black and the green is V354 Leaf Green.  I am really enjoying the sgraffito on these pieces.
 Another 6" plate also with V361 Jet Black.  The lavender is V321 Lilac.
 This sweet plate was made for a friend and it is flying its way to her right now.
 This plate is a bit larger and way heavier.  I am still working on getting the plates thinner when I throw them.  The black is V361 jet black and the yellow is V308 yellow.
 This piece made itself when it was sitting on my table.  It was a scrap piece of clay that I had cut a circle out of.  When I picked it up to squish it into a ball I looked at it again and saw the front of a person.  So it remained that way till it was dry and bisqued.  The body is CV102 sagebrush and the neck is SY 546 Fired snow.  I have put two holes in the top to hang it.
 Buttons!!!  These are going to live on the fabric baskets I have been making.  I will take photos of those with the buttons soon!
 Totally wonky bowl!  But if you put a hole in the bottom it becomes a planter and a great area for me to test out sgraffito work.  the black is CC118 cobalt crystal black and the red is CC194 red wagon.

 This one reminds me of a flower.  The inside is IN1209 neon yellow sprinkles with IN1207 neon red sprinkles in the middle.  The outside was done with IN1071 lemon.

 This too is a planter.  The outside of the bowl was textured with embossed wallpaper.  When I rolled the clay out I put the wallpaper on one side of it then slumped the clay into the mold.
 You can see the texture a bit better here.
Thanks for stopping by and taking a look!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counter
Free Counter