Art from Screaming Dove Studios

Monday, January 07, 2008

play time

The sun came out today and I needed some painted silk to make gift bags for trades when I go to Asilomar in April. Here the silk is on the stretcher in the backyard.
It is covered with DynaFlo and then salted with kosher salt.
Closeup of the salted silk.


I love it when the salt does it's "thang". Here are a few closeups of the silk after the salt has been removed and the silk has been ironed.




It is such fun watching the dye move around the silk and then seeing the salt absorbing the dye. Absolutely beautiful!!

3 Comments:

  • At 8:17 PM, Blogger RicĂ« said…

    Gorgeous--wish i'd been there to watch it happen--

     
  • At 11:52 PM, Blogger foundthings said…

    sweet!!

     
  • At 7:39 AM, Blogger Bev said…

    WOW! this is an experiment I'd like to try

    (I got here from the creative life group on yahoo -- great blog!!)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counter
Free Counter