Art from Screaming Dove Studios

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I bleed for my art.......

Ok so the pictures showed up backwards......I swear that I will never figure out how to make the pictures in order. If you look down to the third picture you will see why I was bleeding for my art. Here tho is the beginning of the grouting process. Grouting is not for sissys.....especially when it is black grout. I cannot use gloves when I do anything at all because I have to actually feel what I am doing and because of this my hands were completely black when I finished this small part of the grouting. And the grout sucks all the moisture out of your hands so my hands were black and pruny...ya know, like shriveled up. I am going to have to do this a little bit each day because I don't think my hands can take a lot of grouting at one time. And yes, that one column that I started grouting is leaning...the styrofoam kinda settled and that one part leaned. Jerry says it looks like something from Dr. Seuss. So now my arbor is Seussical.

And now you will see why I was bleeding for my art. The glass you see on the top is stained glass that I cut into pointy things and inserted them into the very top of the arbor. Anyone that has worked with glass knows that when you get pricked or sliced by it you bleed all over the place. My fingers were bleeding, the side of my hand was bleeding, there was blood dripping onto the tiles. It was a mess. So after a trip to the bathroom and several bandages later I got the stained glass glued in. I dread having to grout up there.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counter
Free Counter