Art from Screaming Dove Studios

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Swim Suit Forms

 Ever noticed the plastic swim suit holders at Costco? Not only have I noticed them but I have collected several of them. I took two of them and reverse collaged on them - putting the paper on the back of the form so that it shows through to the front. You have to think in reverse when you do this which apparently is quite easy for me! I used words from magazine pages first and then loads of transparent tissue paper layer upon layer so that you get a field of depth to it. All is adhered with Mod Podge. Since I am going to hang these outside and they weigh next to nothing I hung fishing weights on the bottom but first of course I had to paint and decorate the fishing weights. They measure about 14"x24". Next time you are in Costco and see these forms think of what you could do with one! 











0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counter
Free Counter