Art from Screaming Dove Studios

Saturday, November 02, 2013

Day 8-Martigny

 We started our visit to Martigny by visiting the Gianadda art museum's cafe. Veal sausage, fries and beer to start the afternoon.
 Then a walk through the gardens where they had giant art installations.  This one was my favorite and is by my new favorite artist Niki de Saitn Phalle.


 All of these are larger than life size and just tremendous to see.

 Then we went inside to the Modigliani exhibit.  Really enjoyed his work....the long necks, the little eyes....





 And the exhibit of antique cars.  Made me think of my father when I saw these.
 When we left we walked through a roman Colosseum.

 On our way to the St. Bernard museum where we saw everything that could possibly be St. Bernard including some of the dogs.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counter
Free Counter