Art from Screaming Dove Studios

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

weaving





I saw an advertisement in a magazine for these wooden frame looms. They are little and you can sit with them on your lap and weave. I thought this was brilliant. But not being a patient person and figuring that they cannot be that hard to make I got the wood and nails and made one, well I made several in different sizes. I warped the loom and had just started weaving when I had to go in and check on the sick child. When I came back into the living room the loom was no longer on the couch but was on the floor and the yarn was going into the kitchen. I followed the yarn only to find one of our kittens, Jazz, with a ball of yarn in her mouth and she was very busy running around the table with it while at the same time pulling the weaving out of the loom. By the time I finally got to her and got the ball of yarn out of her mouth there was yarn everywhere. That is when I got out the little lime green bag in the picture and put everything in there. It is safe now. The weaving is fun altho I have no idea what I am going to do with a whole bunch of woven little squares. Pockets, put a whole bunch of them togther and create fabric, I don't know. But I am liking it and will continue it.....when the kittens are taking their naps.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counter
Free Counter