Art from Screaming Dove Studios

Thursday, March 22, 2007

I have a dryer!!!

The dry is fixed!! I have never been so grateful for anything in my life. Not only do I not have to go to the dreaded laundry mat again but I also don't have to go out shopping for a new dryer. When Jerry got home from work he went directly to the dryer with some sort of wire testing gauge thingy. He poked, he prodded, he screwed screws, he followed wires. My job was to hold the flash light and suggest that perhaps we should unplug the dryer before he touches those wires. He thought he had it fixed, we plugged it in and with much anticipation pushed the button. Nothing. It just sat there like a big white dryer. I mentioned that if we wanted dinner that night that I really had to get into the kitchen and finish what I had started. he worked a bit more before I called him for dinner. He thought about it more during dinner and afterwards went back out to the dryer. I finished up the kitchen and went out to the garage to check on the progress. He is standing by the dryer and pushes the button.....it works!!! I do a happy dance all over the garage. I hug, I kiss, I an estatic. I don't have to return to the dreaded laundry mat. I had visions of hanging clothing outside on trees, over fences, anything to get them dry and then of course they would be stiff as boards since I don't use downey. I am so grateful to have a man that not only is able to fix things like this but even seem to enjoy the problem solving part of it.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:34 AM, Blogger Gypsy said…

    Oh I so understand this! My boyfriend keeps ours working with bubble gum and a prayer! Our appliances are over 20 years old...and I love them! They are BIG I can wash my queen blankets and not have to go to the mat! So I will be really sad when he can't fix them anymore! I think it is inside of them that they MUST fix things! Ever notice when you just want to vent...they go into fix mode? LOL I just want to VENT! LOL Like the dryer! LOL

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counter
Free Counter