Art from Screaming Dove Studios

Monday, March 02, 2009

foot surgery

I've had the ganglion in my left foot removed.....finally after 10 years of pain. I have no idea what it is like to walk without pain. When the xrays showed that it had caused fractures, well, it was time to have it removed. Went in on Friday morning and had it done. Now those of you who know me know that I am not very good at following doctor's directions when it comes to recovery. BUT I am doing everything that I am supposed to do this time and not doing the things that I am not supposed to do.......in other words I am following the doctors orders. 3 days with my foot elevated, ice on, ice off, getting up only to go to the bathroom. Today I get to walk around the house a bit. It will feel good to actually get up and move around. I am not one to just sit around so this has been hard for me. Thankfully I prepped a lot of hand work to do during this time period so at least my hands have been busy which is a life saver. And Jerry has taken time off of work to be here with me and he has been fabulous. I don't know what I would have done without his help. And his cooking is wonderful. Saturday night was seared ahi, brown rice and roasted broccoli, last night was grilled rib eye, salt rubbed baked potato and sauteed garlic ginger green beans. I am so very spoiled and I know it and appreciate it every single day. I will let my body heal and follow the doctors orders........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counter
Free Counter